The workshop addresses the following topics (but is not limited to):
– What contextual constraints are influencing design and design processes?
– How can we identify whether a constraint restricts design options or imposes conditions on the respective design process, or both?
– What methods and approaches are used to make use of or cope with constraints in practice and research?
– How may Research through Design (RtD) approaches enter constrained environments in order to find out what constraints are bringing RtD forward?
– What constraints in the “wild” impede proper RtD, such as very restricted or temporally completely hidden/absent contexts?